Traffic fatalities continue to be a widespread public safety issue across the U.S., causing thousands of preventable deaths each year. In the first half of 2016 alone, traffic-related fatalities rose by 10.4% compared to last year, according to the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT).
To read more about these shocking statistics, click here.
The 2015 Motor Vehicle Crash Report by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) provides an annual overview of traffic accidents throughout the U.S. This year, the report indicated that traffic-related fatalities increased by 7.2% from 2014 to 2015. This means that over 35,000 more people were killed in motor vehicle accidents in 2015 compared to 2014.
Together, these reports point to a disturbing trend regarding driver safety.
At Graves McLain, we want to do our part to help reduce fatalities related to motor vehicle accidents. We remind all motorists to:
- Drive attentively at all times.
- Never get behind the wheel if you are drowsy
- Never drive after consuming alcoholic beverages.
- Never text and drive, this is deadly!
- Follow the speed limit signs.
- Always wear a seat belt.
- Make sure your child is safe and correctly in a car seat.
- Watch out for motorcyclists and bicyclists on the road.
If you or a loved one is injured in any type of motor vehicle accident that was not your fault, call Graves McLain today at 918-359-6600 for a FREE, confidential consultation.
Graves McLain – Serious Lawyers for Serious Injuries