Rachel E. Gusman is a junior partner with Graves McLain. She is a committed and passionate advocate for her clients’ rights, concentrating her practice in the areas of medical negligence, motor vehicle accidents, personal injuries, vaccine injuries, and civil rights litigation.
In 2012, Rachel secured an $11 million settlement, through the National Vaccine Compensation Program, on behalf of a child that suffered injuries as a result of routine vaccination. In just seven years of practice as a personal injury attorney in Tulsa, she has also procured millions of dollars by verdict and settlement on behalf of clients that have suffered injuries as a result of excessive force, wrongful death, dog attacks, and unsafe premises.
She has been recognized as a Rising Star in Super Lawyers® for six consecutive years beginning in 2010 for her professional achievements and industry recognitions.
In addition to the zealous representation of her clients, Rachel volunteers with the Lawyers Fighting Hunger Spring and Thanksgiving Drives which have fed, and continue to feed, thousands of families across Oklahoma. She also volunteers with Tulsa Lawyers for Children. TLC attorneys represent children who are adjudicated, deprived, and are in the custody of the Department of Human Services. She is active in the Tulsa County Bar Association and Oklahoma Bar Association.
- University of Tulsa College of Law, J.D., with honors, 2008
- Washburn University, B.S., magna cum laude, Criminal Justice, 2005
- Admitted to the Bar 2008
- Oklahoma State Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma Association for Justice
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Tulsa Women’s Lawyer Association
- American Association for Justice
- Rated “AV Preeminent,” Martindale-Hubbell
- Named Super Lawyer® “Rising Star” 2010 - Present
- Board of Governors, American Association for Justice, 2015 - Present
- Minority State Delegate, Oklahoma Association for Justice, 2014 - Present
- Board Member, Oklahoma Bar Association Young Lawyers Divisions, 2013-Present
- Board of Directors, Lawyers Fighting Hunger, 2012-Present
- Volunteer, “Live Local, Give Local” Tulsa Anti-Hunger Campaign, 2012-Present
- Alumni Board of Directors, University of Tulsa College of Law 2012-Present
- Chair, Young Lawyers Division, Tulsa County Bar Association, 2013
- Chair, Law Week Committee, Tulsa County Bar Association, 2012
- Vice-Chair, Law Week Committee, Tulsa County Bar Association, 2011
- Named Tulsa County Bar Association Outstanding Young Lawyer, 2011
- Young Lawyers Division Board of Directors, Tulsa County Bar Association, 2010
- Chair of the Community Outreach Committee, Tulsa County Bar Association, 2010
- Hutchinson, Kansas