William “Chad” McLain is a leader in the field of personal injury law. Chad handles injury and death claims arising from serious automobile, trucking collisions, and life-altering accidents. He has recovered millions of dollars in settlements, awards, and verdicts for his clients.
As a former insurance claims specialist, he has a keen understanding of the ins and outs of the claims and litigation side of the insurance industry. Chad is passionate about pursuing justice for his clients injured through the negligence of others. As a personal injury attorney in Tulsa, Chad focuses his practice in personal injury, wrongful death, medical negligence, business contract litigation, and insurance bad faith.
Chad is active in the community through various professional and university-affiliated organizations. Chad is currently an officer on the Board of Directors for the Oklahoma Association for Justice. He also currently serves as a board member of Tulsa Lawyers for Children, a non-profit organization providing legal services to deprived children through the Tulsa County Juvenile Court System.
He is on the Board of the Tulsa County Bar Foundation and currently serves as the Chairperson of the Capital Campaign to revitalize the Tulsa County Bar Center. Chad has held leadership positions within the Tulsa County Bar Association and Tulsa County Bar Foundation for many years, including Chair of the Law Week, Community Outreach and Bench & Bar Committees, and Chair of the TCBA’s Pro Bono Celebration.
Chad also currently serves as the President of the Board of Governors for the Summit Club. Additionally, Chad served on the University of Tulsa Golden Hurricane Club Board of Directors for many years in various leadership positions.
In 2016, the firm started a backpack drive to benefit school children in underprivileged areas of the Tulsa Public School system and was able to donate over 300 backpacks to the students at Jackson Elementary. By 2020, the program has expanded to five schools and over 2000 backpacks.
The personal injury attorneys of Graves McLain law firm volunteer their time to various community and charitable organizations like “Lawyers Against Hunger” and “Tulsa Lawyers for Children”. TLC handles deprived children cases at the juvenile bureau where the Public Defender’s office has a conflict. They represent minors who are adjudicated, deprived and are in the custody of the Department of Human Services.
- Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, Medical Negligence, Business Contract Litigation, Insurance Bad Faith, Car Accidents, Tractor Trailer Accidents, Defective Medical Device Litigation, Dangerous Drug Litigation
- University of Tulsa College of Law, J.D., 2001
- Wofford College, B.A., Finance, 1991
- Admitted to the Bar, 2002
- Oklahoma State Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Association for Justice
- American Association of Justice
- The National Trial Lawyers
- Tulsa Lawyers For Children, President, 2014-15, Board member present
- Oklahoma Association for Justice, Board member 2013-2015, President-Elect 2016-2017
- Summit Club, Board member, 2010-2014, Executive Committee, 2011-present, President of the Board, present
- Tulsa County Bar Foundation Capital Campaign Committee, Chairperson 2012 – Present
- Named "Super Lawyer", Super Lawyers Magazine, 2011-Present
- Named "Rising Star", Super Lawyers Magazine, 2008-2010
- Rated "AV Preeminent", Martindale-Hubbell, 2014
- Recipient, CALI Excellence Award in Insurance Law
- Phi Delta Phi, Alumni
- As Judges See It: Top Mistakes Attorneys Make in Civil Litigation – National Business Institute, 2016
- Advanced Discovery and Trial Practice- Civil Court Judicial Forum Moderator, 2015
- Auto Injury Litigation From Start To Finish- NBI Continuing Education Class, 2013
- Plaintiff's Personal Injury- NBI Continuing Education Class, 2011
- Orangeburg, South Carolina