A two-vehicle crash involving multiple pick-up trucks and three teenagers reminds us of the importance of teen driving safety awareness. The accident occurred west of Highway 271 when an 18-year-old crossed into oncoming traffic hitting another truck.
Unfortunately, not everyone involved in the car accident was wearing a seatbelt. Multiple people suffered from severe and even fatal injuries in the accident.
January, National Teen Driving Awareness Month, serves as a reminder that we need to work together in order to ensure our teen drivers stay safe while on the road.
There are many helpful hints to discuss with your teen driver as they take the wheel. Below are some helpful hints:
- Wear your safety belt at all times. Before you begin your drive, make sure not only you, but your passengers are buckled up. If you have any small children make sure their car seat is aligned with the proper height, weight and age standards.
- Limit your passengers. The risk of a fatal motor accident increases with every additional passenger in the vehicle. This is especially important if you are a new driver.
- Limit your night driving. According to Geico, for every mile driven at night, your risk of a fatal accident becomes 3 times more likely than during the day.
- Prepare for poor weather conditions. As the weather changes, so should you’re driving. One needs to be aware of road conditions and any complications.
- PUT YOUR PHONE AWAY! Cell phones have become one of the leading causes of motor vehicle fatalities. With that being said, stow your phone away in a compartment or put it in silent mode as soon as you get behind the wheel.
By discussing these helpful driving tips and staggering statistics with your teen driver we can help reduce the number of accidents that occur each day.
If you or a loved one is injured in a car accident that was not your fault, call Graves McLain at 918-359-6600. When you call our local Tulsa Oklahoma personal injury law firm, you will speak with an experienced Oklahoma Car Accident attorney absolutely FREE. Our attorneys will investigate every detail of your accident and handle your entire auto insurance claim. We’ll fight to seek the maximum insurance recovery that you deserve.
At Graves McLain, you will never pay an attorney’s fee upfront, and you owe us nothing until we win your case. At Graves McLain, we don’t get paid until you do.
Graves McLain, Serious Lawyers for Serious Injuries