Over 500,000 Diono child car seats have been recalled because they may not protect your child in a car crash.
This recall includes the Radian R100, Radian R120, Radian RXT, Olympia, Pacifica, and the Rainier convertible and booster seats. They were made from January 2014 to September 2017 by Diono, which used to be known as Sunshine Kids Juvenile.
The recall states that when the child car seats are secured using the lap belt without the top tether, children over the weight of 65 pounds have an increased chance of chest injury in a car accident.
Diona, based out of Sumner, Washington, will send owners a kit with an energy-absorbing pad and a new chest clip at no cost. Thankfully, no injuries have been reported at this time.
The recall is expected to start on November 22nd.
It is important to make sure your child is always properly restrained in a car seat. Here are some important safety tips to remember:
- Never move your child to the next car seat stage too early; you could be putting your child in danger.
- Age and weight requirements should always be considered before moving onto a booster seat.
- Get your child’s car seat inspected by a certified car seat safety technician.
- Make sure the car seat buckle is in the right place. Remove your child’s bulky clothes to ensure that he/she is strapped in safely and completely. The straps should not be loose.
- The safest place for your child is in the backseat – in a rear-facing car seat.
- Always make sure the chest clip is level with your child’s armpits.
- Pull-on the car seat buckle to ensure it is probably buckled.
- Never sacrifice your child’s safety for comfort.
If you or a loved one feels that your child suffered from an injury due to the recalled Diono child car seats, Call Graves McLain for help at 918-359-6600. You will receive a FREE, confidential, no-obligation consultation with one of our experienced Tulsa, Oklahoma Product Liability Lawyers.
The attorneys at Graves McLain are experienced professionals ready to investigate your claim with compassion and determination. If we take your case, you will never pay an attorney’s fee upfront, and you owe us nothing until we recover for you.
Graves McLain – Serious Lawyers for Serious Injuries